Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Childhood Memories

 
"Buttons"
24x36, Acrylic on canvas, can be hung with or with out a frame
$650



Today's art is of my great-niece's stuffed animal.  She is a talented photographer.  I believe this shot was taken last year during her Junior year of high school and is of her favorite stuffed animal "Buttons".  When I saw her photograph it reminded me of great times when I played Hide-N-Go-Seek.  It looked as though "Buttons" had found the perfect hiding place. The sunshine streaming through the window just barely keeping enough light under the bed to keep him from being afraid of the dark but hidden never to be found and tagged out of the game.

I have had several folks tell me that it reminds them of the story of The Velveteen Rabbit.  I was not intending this piece to feel lost.  I had hoped it would bring the viewer happy memories of their own childhood.

Anna, thanks for letting me use your photograph for my artwork.  I hope you keep that shutter finding new subjects that inspire you.

1 comment:

  1. Donna I just love this painting and your description of the "perfect hiding place". I have kept one of our grown children's Sesame Street Ernie dolls and he peek out from my studio bookcase every now and then.

    ReplyDelete