Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Art Show News

I am thrilled to report that I have passed the jury stage and have been invited to participate in the Riverwalk Art Festival in Milton, Florida on March 24 & 25th.  I plan to hold a drawing from the folks that come to see me for one of my 6x6 Gallery Wrapped Paintings.  I have not decided if it will be a landscape, floral, still life or other subject matter.  You may want to leave me a comment today if you have a suggestion or preference.  I have lots to get done between today and that weekend.  So if you don't see or hear from me it is not that I am avoiding you, it is just that I am busy doing all those things that have to be done that are non-painting things.  I have found out that there is a lot more "stuff" to being an active artist than the actual painting time.  It is really amazing how much away from the canvas there is.  I have lots and lots of ideas for paintings but I'm not sure how much will get done before March 24th.

In the mean time...for your viewing pleasure I am inserting for your viewing pleasure one of my first paintings.  This is the painting that opened my eyes to the possibility that I could paint.  I took a class from a talented Acrylic painter,  Brenda Harris.  Some of you may have seen her on PBS stations.  She is such a joy to paint with and so willing to share her knowledge.  I also want to thank another sharing artist, Sandra Childs.  Sandra was the first teacher that exposed me to so many wonderful techniques.  She introduced me to Brenda and I often hear her voice in my head as I am painting.  Her encouragement and spirit have helped me get to where I am today.  I am so blessed to have her as my friend.

The painting is called "Slipping Away", it is sold, but I hope to have archival quality art prints available in the near future.  If possible I will have them with me at the Riverwalk Art Festival.  So please come see me and all the new things I am painting.

"Slipping Away"
11x14

3 comments:

  1. Your color choices and the little details that you see are AGAIN amazing. I am sure you never felt you would be doing this one day many years ago in high school. You have such a God given talent. I love that you have constructed this site to let us all view in the wonders of your beautiful work. I love and miss you, Cheryl G. Meara

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet comments. Cheryl you are correct that in High School I never thought I would be doing art. I wish I had taken art in school. Did we even have such a thing way back then. I feel like I am behind and will have too little time to get caught up.

    ReplyDelete