Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Using Mixed Paint

If you have been following my blogs you know that I had quite a bit of mixed flesh paint that I have been trying to use before it drys up.  Today's painting is another photo that I have been wanting to paint for quite some time.  It is of a Construction Manager and his Superintendent discussing an issue on the job site.  I loved the Construction Manager's body language.  Scratching his head trying to come up with a solution.  I also liked the shadows as they hit the unfinished wall.  The contrast of dark and light always makes me want to paint a subject.

This particular photograph was taken in Montevallo, AL in 2011.  I was told there was an issue that the window design did not allow the brick that will be added to the structure to sit properly.  They did work out a solution that day.  As with painting there is always new designs that will be considered in construction projects to make a great finished product.  I hope this will be the first of many construction paintings.

8x16 Dilemma, Professional Grade Acrylics


Inspired Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment