Monday, September 21, 2015

Success

"Success:  To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.  This is to have succeeded!"

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love this quote by Emerson and I hope that I have indeed succeeded in my path on this earth.

As most of you know that follow my art most of my paintings are on the smaller side.  Not just my mini paintings but my 5x7 and 6x6 that I love to paint.  Today's painting is the largest painting I have undertaken and to my surprise I was able to capture the likeness.  This is always my desire when I begin a new painting.  The struggles and triumphs are all part of the process.

I am very pleased and hope you enjoy it as well.  I know Flamingos are not every one's cup of tea but if you love birds and color you can't help but pause to look at it a bite longer, well that is my hope at least.

This painting will be on display at this weekend's art show in Daphne, Alabama.  27th Annual Jubilee Art Festival with be held in Old Town Daphne, Alabama on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..  Old Town is located on scenic 98.  If you need further information click here to go to the Chamber's web site.

Flamingo
30x40 on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment