Saturday, September 27, 2014

27/30 September Painting Challenge

8x10 Pretzel with Mustard
This month challenge is about painting more often and for me, additionally it is trying new techniques and subject matters. Today's painting allowed me to use a product that I have wanted to try for quite some time.   It is a product called Extra Heavy Gel.  It is added to your paint to keep it thick.  When I got the majority of the pretzel done it hit me that I could squirt the mustard on with this paint.  I am not sure that you can see from the photo but it is very dimensional and adds uniqueness to this painting in person.

Don't forget to leave a comment to be eligible for the Free Art Drawing at the end of the month.  The drawing will be from the original paintings painted during the September Challenge that have not already been sold.

2 comments: